The United Island Nations of Akritir
“Take courage, recall etiquette.”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Location: United Kingdom
Regional Influence: Page
The United Island Nations of Akritir is a massive, safe nation, ruled by King Alasdair IV with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.5 billion Akris enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Klochringer. The average income tax rate is 66.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Akritirian economy, worth 136 trillion Akri Sovereigns a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 91,181 Akri Sovereigns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Surveillance cameras are banned, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers, Akritir's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and landless farmers wander forlornly in the government's many national parks. Crime is totally unknown. Akritir's national animal is the Imperial Akri Meerkat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Anglicanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Akritir was endorsed by The Federation of StWinchester.
- : Akritir was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Following new legislation in Akritir, landless farmers wander forlornly in the government's many national parks.
- : Following new legislation in Akritir, Akritir's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
- : Following new legislation in Akritir, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers.
- : Following new legislation in Akritir, surveillance cameras are banned.
- : Akritir was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Akritir voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Citizenship And Birth Act".
- : Following new legislation in Akritir, older citizens lament over the loss of law and order.
- : Following new legislation in Akritir, bars are packed at all hours.
Endorsements Received: 24 » Bingsearching, Lexxon, Scotland and Ulster, Nova Bromelia, United Nationalist Republic, The Anaerobic Republic, Of International Memers, West Sunterland, Armley, Libertania123, Sialked, Hong Kong in the Republic of China, Ynys Dywyll, Temasek-Riau, Frigore, Shelledges, Lancashia, The Soviet Republik of Lithunija, Hyang, Lek Wernats, South Boston Irishmen, Gamez Kingdom of England and Scotland, Elgoriath, and StWinchester.