The Enchanting Republic of Ajek
“There's no one left for us to blame”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Enchanting Republic of Ajek is a gargantuan, efficient nation, notable for its deadly medical pandemics, state-planned economy, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 14.966 billion Ajekians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 90.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Ajekian economy, worth a remarkable 1,264 trillion Izleks a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, highly specialized black market in Uranium Mining, Pizza Delivery, and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 84,481 Izleks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The people's love for Leader is little more than self-preservation, Tetris has been banned for its graphic violent content, Bigtopian relations have become a minefield, and it is illegal to make racist remarks in public. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ajek's national animal is the elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ajek, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public.
- : Ajek was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Ajek, Bigtopian relations have become a minefield.
- : Following new legislation in Ajek, Tetris has been banned for its graphic violent content.
- : Following new legislation in Ajek, the people's love for Leader is little more than self-preservation.
- : Following new legislation in Ajek, senior citizens are often found slaving away in factories.
- : Ajek was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Following new legislation in Ajek, the nationalised Arms Manufacturing Industry is not interested in making weapons.
- : Following new legislation in Ajek, X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low.
- : Ajek was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.