The Republic of Aihon
“Be astute; but fight for what you know to be true”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Republic of Aihon is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by James with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, ubiquitous missile silos, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.084 billion Aihonians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nieuwe Opstandsstad. The average income tax rate is 91.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Aihonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,359 trillion Jeens a year, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 149,676 Jeens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Doctors who mutter "Oh my God" often lose their medical license, nobody looks each other in the eye at neighborhood block parties any more, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, and many friends and relatives of James have been given ambassador jobs in tropical island nations. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aihon's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aihon was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Aihon was endorsed by The United States of Filipopol.
- : Following new legislation in Aihon, many friends and relatives of James have been given ambassador jobs in tropical island nations.
- : Following new legislation in Aihon, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy.
- : Aihon was endorsed by The Federal Republic of BuciLand.
- : Aihon was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Trans Anarcho-Communist Lesbian Catgirls.
- : Aihon was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Flying Snow.
- : Aihon was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Aihon was endorsed by The Host Club of FreedomIand.
- : Aihon was endorsed by The Queen Of the Waltz of Feu de Glace.
Endorsements Received: 73 » A Slanted Black Stripe, New Leganes, ReeK, Brotherland, Bullpups, Kangarawa, H-Zhena, Arkantis, Freedom Fascists, Ridann, Riveraland, Wiranath, Qui sequuntur somnia, Someseni, Republic of Berzerkistan, Cantonese Union, Socialist Holy American Empire, Kucia, Gorbastan, Hizuru, Pakitsk, Axdel, Squid Ruinosa, BearStackof2015, VW53Aland, Am Echad, The Buckeye States, Enlil, Stellar Colonies, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Chubaka, The United Asian Republics, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Plazland, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, The Romanum Legio, Liberstankonia, Sericena, Stanisiti, Matdor, Brethren, Marrabuk, East Malaysia, La xinga, ArenaC, Evrigenis, Modra, Merlovich, and 23 others.Zukchiva, Stumptopia, Republic of New India, United China Nation, Asendavia, Tretrid, Schrebia, Coruh, Bachtendekuppen, I-America-I, Ripsylvania, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Peoples Republic of GG, Aivintis, Mays Austrian Nation, Jakubonia, Oofery, FreedomIand, The Atlae Isles, BuciLand, Filipopol, and A mean old man.