The Holy Empire of Ai Chan
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Location: Deep Storage
Regional Influence: Page
The Holy Empire of Ai Chan is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 340 million Ai Chanians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny, pro-business government prioritizes Education, with Law & Order, Defense, and Spirituality also on the agenda, while International Aid and Welfare are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.5%.
The very strong Ai Chanian economy, worth 21.5 trillion Yen a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 63,188 Yen, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 191,715 per year while the poor average 16,190, a ratio of 11.8 to 1.
The entire entry for Ai Chan in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless', corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians, the government snoops on private internet connections, and fifteen-year-olds cannot walk younger siblings to school without a professional Childcare and Education Certificate. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Ai Chan's national animal is the Rabbit, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ai Chan's influence in Deep Storage rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Ai Chan's influence in Deep Storage rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Ai Chan relocated from Balder to Deep Storage.
- : Ai Chan was refounded in Balder.
- : Ai Chan ceased to exist in Deep Storage.
- : Following new legislation in Ai Chan, fifteen-year-olds cannot walk younger siblings to school without a professional Childcare and Education Certificate.
- : Ai Chan's influence in Deep Storage rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in Ai Chan, the government snoops on private internet connections.
- : Ai Chan was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Capitalist Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Ai Chan, corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians.