The People's Republic of Agraestan
“Proud for motherland”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Location: The Leftist Assembly
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The People's Republic of Agraestan is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by El-Presidente with a fair hand, and renowned for its smutty television, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.861 billion Agrarians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Neragra. The average income tax rate is 94.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Agrarian economy, worth 571 trillion Gards a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 148,084 Gards, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Access to the woods is only granted to those who bring a small shrubbery, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Agraestan's radio stations, hackers post hourly updates on international summits, and Scoutmasters debate whether luxury log cabins defeat the purpose of camping. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Agraestan's national animal is the Cockatoo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Agraestan was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Narodnya.
- : Following new legislation in Agraestan, Scoutmasters debate whether luxury log cabins defeat the purpose of camping.
- : Following new legislation in Agraestan, hackers post hourly updates on international summits.
- : Following new legislation in Agraestan, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Agraestan's radio stations.
- : Following new legislation in Agraestan, access to the woods is only granted to those who bring a small shrubbery.
- : Following new legislation in Agraestan, vegetables are crisper thanks to CRISPR.
- : Agraestan was endorsed by The Red Communes of Das Pardgulew.
- : Following new legislation in Agraestan, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers.
- : Following new legislation in Agraestan, children spend all morning taking out a comma and all afternoon putting it back in again.
- : Following new legislation in Agraestan, the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Ephros, Llorens, Anarchocommunists of the World, Transcommunist Republics, Henchikurin, Nangka, Sincadenas, Dyl, Picuros, Slackertown, Buttia, Antinios, Nepacton Murt, Martilliopen, Sorwickshire, Ghillemear, Silverfish37, New Russsia, Fizzopolis, Hussitics, Kavagrad, Kawany, Rorlenland, New Volica, New Arkados, Super Awesome Fun Times, Chapolia Zranzia, Loudon, Old Corus, Socialist Columbia, Anioniotopia, Socialist Great Picardy, Asturies-Llion, Claiomha, Grod Island, Lastolana, Zaratov, Kaamapoori, Helionyx, Ezmwalia, Sauros, Argentigrad, Shermani, Far-north commonue, Wagrurg, Eskhaton, New Samon, Podria, Das Pardgulew, and Narodnya.