The Kingdom of Aeto Boxto
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Kingdom of Aeto Boxto is a very large, orderly nation, remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol, punitive income tax rates, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 173 million Aetons are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 71.7%.
The sizeable but inefficient Aeto Boxtoan economy, worth 7.89 trillion pissoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized black market in Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 45,584 pissoes, with the richest citizens earning 6.8 times as much as the poorest.
New pilots are regularly reminded that they are more expendable than their planes, museums have more touchscreens on display than artifacts, Maths Professor Barbie is the most popular toy for boys and girls alike, and major internet servers have acquired citizenship. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aeto Boxto's national animal is the bean, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aeto Boxto, major internet servers have acquired citizenship.
- : Aeto Boxto voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Following new legislation in Aeto Boxto, Maths Professor Barbie is the most popular toy for boys and girls alike.
- : Following new legislation in Aeto Boxto, museums have more touchscreens on display than artifacts.
- : Following new legislation in Aeto Boxto, new pilots are regularly reminded that they are more expendable than their planes.
- : Aeto Boxto voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Following new legislation in Aeto Boxto, strange looking men with big red noses are found hiding behind bushes and inside dustbins.
- : Following new legislation in Aeto Boxto, women across the country are tying the knot.
- : Following new legislation in Aeto Boxto, war criminals are given full state funerals.
- : Following new legislation in Aeto Boxto, local mafias have a tough time disposing of dead snitches without catching the attention of recycling authorities.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Erinor, Marinho Islands, Conexia, Corgitopiaa, Tepertopia, Bawkie, Land Without Shrimp, Holota, Bleakfoot, Qvait, Wehraboos, Belschaft, Ipugao, Amerion, PenguinPies, Nowa Europa, Treir, Crystal Creation, Concrete Slab, Scu Greinne, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Beepee, NIGHTRAY, Death to democracy, Aumeltopia, Zataras, Rebel-topia, Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, Carrelie, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Jehenna, New Belgrade, Gonrati, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Farengeto, LadyRebels, Purple Hyacinth, and New Goldman.