The Imperial Confederation of Aelros
“May the eagle fly on forever”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Unproven
The Imperial Confederation of Aelros is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Basileus Mike with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, absence of drug laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, devout population of 4.352 billion Aelrosii have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imveral. The average income tax rate is 27.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Aelrosaen economy, worth 607 trillion Ælroes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 139,623 Ælroes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Strip mining of rare earth metals is up while back problems are down, gun-wielding criminals always wear appropriate eye and ear protection, women give birth underneath so many blankets that the doctor can't feel the bump, and an enormous health awareness programme is underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Aelros's national animal is the basilisk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aelros's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Aelros relocated from The League of Conservative Nations to The Rejected Realms.
- : Aelros was ejected from The League of Conservative Nations by The Consular Founder Account of Adawn.
- : Aelros's influence in The League of Conservative Nations rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in Aelros, an enormous health awareness programme is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Aelros, women give birth underneath so many blankets that the doctor can't feel the bump.
- : Following new legislation in Aelros, gun-wielding criminals always wear appropriate eye and ear protection.
- : Following new legislation in Aelros, strip mining of rare earth metals is up while back problems are down.
- : Following new legislation in Aelros, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber.
- : Aelros's influence in The League of Conservative Nations rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".