The People's Republic of Abjekistan
“Abjekistan you very nice place!”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Squire
The People's Republic of Abjekistan is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, national health service, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 297 million Abjekistanians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Noruzabad. The average income tax rate is 76.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Abjekistanian economy, worth 17.7 trillion Puzhaks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 59,447 Puzhaks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Internal strife within the Red Bloc crumbles in the face of fiery rhetoric, tech-mad citizens think that the laser-powered bread-slicer uPhone App is the coolest thing since sliced bread, officials pull all-nighters to check immigrants for potential links to terrorists, and the weather report is the prisoners' favourite programme. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Abjekistan's national animal is the Steppe Eagle, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Abjekistan was endorsed by The Serene Mercantile Republic of Nerany.
- : Following new legislation in Abjekistan, the weather report is the prisoners' favourite programme.
- : Abjekistan lodged a message on the Anteria Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Abjekistan, officials pull all-nighters to check immigrants for potential links to terrorists.
- : Abjekistan was endorsed by The Conglomerado Corporativo of Prybourne.
- : Abjekistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Communist Bloc".
- : Abjekistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting the Rights of Labour Unions".
- : Following new legislation in Abjekistan, tech-mad citizens think that the laser-powered bread-slicer uPhone App is the coolest thing since sliced bread.
- : Following new legislation in Abjekistan, internal strife within the Red Bloc crumbles in the face of fiery rhetoric.
- : Abjekistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Lesser Velutaria, Whitmarche, Fallooplesburg, Flashboom, Hatstheput, Wellsenfaile, Southern Velutaria, Latvia and Saaremaa, Gadorien, Halsuntria, The Trilla Gang Mafia, New Sebronia, Montecaro, Qazhshava, Kentalis, Junterland, Blechingia, San Calia, Yetrasia, Nicersdah, Amrelia, Framosia, Torvon, Yodivenis, Greater Efrafa, Gran Rugido, Fichmanistan, The New Bulgarian Order, Sarussia, Shadoveil, Regauria, Senshen, Sab Demenr, Foxomexra, Misnomers, Encessia, Prybourne, and Nerany.