The Watch how I Soar Nation of A Leaf on the Wind
“Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Watch how I Soar Nation of A Leaf on the Wind is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Ephraim Barnes with an even hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.178 billion BrownCoats are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Serenity. The average income tax rate is 71.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Leaf on the Windian economy, worth 438 trillion Credits a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 47,814 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour, advert breaks are played at lower volumes to make them easier to ignore, a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate, and the most popular WhoTube videos are ones featuring parodies of iconic songs. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. A Leaf on the Wind's national animal is the Parrot, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Mirandaism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : A Leaf on the Wind lodged a message on the Balder Regional Message Board.
- : A Leaf on the Wind resigned from the World Assembly.
- : A Leaf on the Wind was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : A Leaf on the Wind was endorsed by The Kingdom of Odin.
- : A Leaf on the Wind voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste".
- : A Leaf on the Wind voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste".
- : A Leaf on the Wind voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Confederacy of Layem".
- : A Leaf on the Wind endorsed The Kingdom of Odin.
- : A Leaf on the Wind endorsed The Empire of Onder Kelkia.
- : A Leaf on the Wind endorsed The Ancient Nordic Lands of Alvalero.