The Republic of A Glowing Spark
“The return of light”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Republic of A Glowing Spark is a colossal, safe nation, renowned for its public floggings, frequent executions, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, devout population of 8.754 billion Glowing Sparkians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Spark. The average income tax rate is 10.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Glowing Sparkian economy, worth 307 trillion auroes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 35,181 auroes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Over a third of the seats in sports stadiums have been removed to make room for female-only commodes, orphans would rather live their life of luxury than be adopted by prospective parents, tourists flock to see the giant stone carvings of historical leaders at Mount Rushless, and brains have been removed from lists of best brain foods. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a very well-funded police force. A Glowing Spark's national animal is the spark.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : A Glowing Spark applied to join the World Assembly.
- : A Glowing Spark resigned from the World Assembly.
- : A Glowing Spark was endorsed by The Community of Chimayo.
- : A Glowing Spark was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : A Glowing Spark was endorsed by The Colony of Thedzoairos.
- : A Glowing Spark was endorsed by The Republic of Bluementhol.
- : A Glowing Spark was endorsed by The Republic of California Seals.
- : A Glowing Spark was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : A Glowing Spark was endorsed by The Republic of Not A Hermit.
- : A Glowing Spark was endorsed by The Republic of Caeece.