The Holy Empire of -hyphen
“By The People For The People”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: Army of Freedom
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Holy Empire of -hyphen is a huge, genial nation, notable for its compulsory military service. The democratic population of 411 million -hyphenians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Healthcare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 39.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient -hyphenian economy, worth 16.4 trillion baht a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Basket Weaving, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 39,794 baht, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. -hyphen's national animal is the dove.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : -hyphen's influence in Army of Freedom rose from "Squire" to "Vassal".
- : -hyphen resigned from the World Assembly.
- : -hyphen's influence in Army of Freedom rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : -hyphen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : -hyphen's influence in Army of Freedom rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : -hyphen's influence in Army of Freedom rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : -hyphen's influence in Army of Freedom rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : -hyphen endorsed The Colony of CountYourBlessings.
- : -hyphen relocated from Fukuoka to Army of Freedom.
- : -hyphen endorsed The Reckoner Lord of Duffoure.